Monday, September 10, 2007

Finished exam #2 this morning. Funny thing is that the whole time, I just wanted to be done with it so that I could STUDY SOMETHING ELSE (ie Biochem). Physio was fair today but I think what could've hurt me was how little time we had. 42 minutes for 35 questions! Ionno, I didn't get a chance to go back and thoroughly check but let's just hope that all went fine.

Fortunately, UIC's grading system is simply Pass/Fail/Honors. They set the pass rate after doing some statistics about the probability of success on each problem so that's independent from the whole class' performance. Honors, however, is not independent and is set at one standard deviation above the average. So it's fine as long as I pass but I do have that extra pressure to Honor (come on, whether closeted or not, I think we're all Type-A's!).

Our schedule's really ramping up. Starting last week, we've been having full-day schedules and another course, Tissue Biology, starts this afternoon. Gross Anatomy started last week and with each lecture taking up 3-4 hours...it's A LOT of stuff. Actually, everything is A LOT of stuff. All in all, med school is, and I apologize for overusing this cliche, but literally drinking water out of a fire hydrant. I always heard about it but I guess it's just one of those things where you cant truly understand it unless you go through it.

No comments: